Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Last night may have been one of the best nights of Kendyl's short little life. She had so much fun hanging out with her parents. I treasure these times because I know eventually (hopefully a long, long time from now) she will not want much to do with us.

So we started the night off with dinner at Steak n Shake. Kendyl's favorite part was that we got to eat inside. Mommy's favorite part was the caffeine free diet Coke! After Kendyl ate her salad and applesauce and drank her chocolate milk she decided she needed to go potty. I happily obliged because I am anxious to get her potty trained. I quickly realized this was not going to be a fast trip when she told me to turn around. That is her way of saying she is going to be a while if you know what I mean. So ten minutes later, we returned to the table only to find Daddy all bundled up and ready to go. We told her there would be a special surprise in her future!

We got all loaded in the car and headed to Tillis Park to see the Winter Wonderland lights. Kendyl thinks Christmas lights are beau-ti-ful so this was the big treat of the night. I am pretty sure she was most excited that she got to get out of her car seat and sit in the front with us. We tuned the radio to their station and listened to the Christmas music while we drove through the amazing light displays. Once we got to the end I got to listen to Kendyl talk about how the police weren't there so she didn't have to get back in her car seat. After much convincing she returned to the dreaded seat for our next stop.

From there we headed to Cold Stone Creamery. My favorite ice cream place. Kendyl loves the blue ice cream there. I think it might be bubble gum flavor. Anyway she devoured it. I had some Cake Batter Ice Cream with Reeses, Twix and Snickers. Can you think of anything more yummy? I didn't think so.

So that was our super fun night. I think the only thing that could have made it better would be snow, but who wants to drive in that?

No comments: