Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Magic House

So, once again, I am not doing very well at keeping this blog up to date. So today, as I enjoy a lazy Mother's Day on the couch watching chick flicks, I will try to catch you up.

About a month ago (I know, I need to get better), my brother was in town. We, along with my mom and my grandma, took Kendyl to the Magic House for the first time with some free tickets my aunt Debbie gave me. When I first told her we were going to the Magic House she kept asking me who lived there, which was really cute. To say she loved it would be an understatement. I can't wait to take her back again!

Here are some pictures we took while we were there. The first thing we explored were these letter boxes. Behind each letter they had an object that started with that letter.

Then we found a table with crazy shapes you could fit together to build stuff. Kendyl had fun with this, but not nearly as much fun as Grandma Dunn. She kept saying she wanted to buy some!



Then we went into this section called A Little Bit of Magic. It is designed just for kids up to age 6. Kendyl absolutely loved this part. She got to play on a play area and in a sand room. She probably would have spent the entire weekend here if we would have let her!
Here she is in the sand room.


And here she is in the water room. She did not want to leave this room, but once we talked her into moving on I think she was pretty happy.



Once we left the water room we got to go into a Kendyl sized world. They had a grocery store, a bank, a kitchen, a pizza parlor and so much more. Everything was just her size and she was loving it!
Here she is in the grocery store checking out.




And here she is in the kitchen. The only problem was that she didn't want any other kids to play in there with her. At one point she hung herself out the window and pouted because the other kids came in there.



After we left the Little Bit of Magic section we went to the other side and found the room with the ball that makes your hair stand up. She was not too sure about it so Uncle PJ and I had to show her that is was fun and didn't hurt. She eventually let each of us hold her and make her hair stand up.

Once we finished letting our hair stand on end we went back to the Little Bit of Magic and let her play some more. Here is a picture of her when we told her it was time to go home. She was not happy at all!

We we left there was a local radio station parked outside. They were there letting kids plant trees and handing out tickets to the new Disney movie Earth. Kendyl and Uncle PJ planted a tree together before we left. We definitely have to make sure to go back and check on it!

No comments: