Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'll Be Loving Them Forever...

When my sister and I found out New Kids on the Block were reuniting we decided we were going to do anything in our power to be there. Then we saw where the concerts were going to be. Chicago was the closest so we were determined to be there. The tickets went on sale the day before Mother's Day so our husbands decided they would get us the tickets and a hotel room as our gifts. Then they realized the power of the New Kids...they had sold out in minutes.

Slowly more dates were announced and we started plotting our strategy. Our first shot was for a second show in Chicago and if that didn't work we were shooting for Kansas City and our last resort was going to be San Diego, we could visit PJ and see our favorite group from our childhood. Then it happened. They announced a St. Louis show and it was on.

The day the tickets went on sale I spent all morning on line. I was so ready for 10 o'clock when I could finally get our tickets. It seemed to take forever. So the time finally arrived and I got our seats. Section 116, row T, seats 13-15. They weren't bad from what I could see.

Fast forward to last night. It was finally time for the concert. We joked about side pony tails and puffy paint shirts but we went dressed in current styles. My sister was way more excited than I was and insisted we listen to their CDs on the way to the concert, so we did.

We got to the concert and found our seats and were shocked to find out just how close to the stage we were. Then all we had to do was wait for 8 o'clock. Lady Gaga and Natasha Beddingfield were the opening acts and they were good. By 9 o'clock they were both done and the concert was about to start.

The lights went down and the boys came out and my inner fourth grader finally broke free. I had forgotten how much I loved Joey, but it all came back to me. The concert was awesome! I am so glad my sister talked me into going. I am actually secretly wishing they will come back again! Well I guess it's not a secret anymore.






No comments: