Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Let me just start by saying how much I love Thanksgiving. I am a huge fan of long weekends and the last two years my brother has come in town from San Diego which helps to keep Thanksgiving on the top of my list of favortie holidays. I think part of the reason I like it so much is because there are no presents involved. You just get to hang out with family and eat a lot of turkey. What more can you ask for right?

This weekend was also Kendyl's first trip to the movies. My brother has a long tradition of taking all the kids to a movie when he comes in town so this was Kendyl's first year to be old enough to go. I also went in case it went horribly bad for her. We went to Madagascar II and she did pretty good. The movie didn't seem to hold her attention quite as much as some of the ones we watch at home but she did well overall.

Saturday was my niece and nephews birthday party. We all had a great time. Since my brother was in town we decided to let all the kids open their Christmas presents from him and Kendyl also got to open her birthday presents because it is right at the beginning of January. She was so impressed with her presents and I got a sneak peak at how Christmas is going to be. I can't wait to watch her open all her presents this year. So my brother got her some Little People toys (a castle and a horse drawn carriage), a complete Sleeping Beauty dress up outfit with a dress, crown and shoes, a Disney magical tea cart, and a Disney castle with some princesses and dress up outfits for them. She was so excited she wore her sleeping beauty dress all night while she served tea :-)!




Today was her "aunt" Foo's birthday so we met her for dinner tonight. We went to the Olive Garden and she did so good eating her spaghetti. Of course we did change her out of her white shirt and into a red shirt before we went, but I am still impressed with how clean she was after dinner.

I guess that is all for now. I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving as much as we enjoyed ours!

No comments: